Choosing a Bathroom Sink
There are many style choices to consider when doing a bathroom remodel in San Antonio. One such choice is what kind of sink you’d like to have. Bathroom sinks come in a variety of styles and price-points. Knowing what you want before beginning your remodel will make the process go much smoother.
You want your bathroom fixtures to reflect your own personal style, while still having a modern feel. A list of popular sink styles and their benefits include the following:
* Vessel Sinks- Usually in a bowl-shape, this style has become popular in recent years. These sinks do not require under mount installation.
* Wall-Mounted Sinks- These are ideal for a bathroom that can benefit from extra floor space. They can be installed at different heights and are ideal for small bathrooms.
* Drop-In Sink- These sinks are the easiest to install and can be placed into an existing countertop.
* Pedestal Sink- These sinks have a narrow base and a wide basin. They don’t take up much floor space and are ideal for bathrooms that don’t require extra storage.
* Console Sink- These sinks act as basin and counter. Some models have open shelving. These sinks are ideal for an area that benefits from compact design but also needs some storage options.
* Undermount Sink- These sinks require a solid-surface counter. They are installed below the countertop, maximizing counter space.
Some sinks are more expensive than others. Design choice is not the only determining factor. Each design has a variety of materials options as well. A ceramic sink may have a different price point than stainless steel. However, the impact on cost for each design will vary depending on its required components. For example, a drop-in or undermount sink require that you purchase a countertop for installation, whereas a console or pedestal sink will not.
If you’re considering a bathroom remodel in San Antonio, contact Shaw Company Remodeling at www.shawcoremodeling.com.